Are you finding an effective way to unlock your Windows password? It is so troublesome that you forgot an administrator password and have no reset disk. If you are bothered by this problem, please take it easy if you were locked out of Windows, here are some tricks can be used to unlock Windows 7/XP/Vista password.
If you have a ton of time, you can try some common ways to unlock WIndows password without software. If you wanna save more time and remain all files and computer settings, you can see how to unlock Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 password with Asunsoft Windows Password Reset.
Method 1: How to unlock Windows 7/XP/Vista password by logining as another account with admin privileges.
If you have another user account which has admin privileges, you can easily unlock Windows 7/XP/Vista password by using "lusrmgr.msc" or "Command".
Let's see how to unlock Windows Vista password with "lusrmgr.msc" and draw inferences about other cases from one instance to unlock Windows 7/XP password.
1. Login Windows Vista as administrator. Click on Start, type lusrmgr.msc in the Search Box or Run Box(press both Win+R keys to open Run Box), click OK button.
2. Local Users and Groups dialog appears, open Users folder. Right-click an user account and select "Set Password".
3. When a dialog pops up, type a new password twice, type a password hint or not, click OK.
Note: This method will lead to lose access to all its encrypted files, stored passwords, and personal security certificates.
How to unlock Windows 7/Vista/XP Password with CMD (Command or NetUser), first let's see how to unlock Windows 7 password with CMD. This method won't lead to lose anything, it is safely to unlock Windows 7, Vista, XP password.
1. Logon Windows 7 as administrator.
2. Click Start, type cmd in the Run box (press both Win+R keys to open Run Box) )or Search box and press Enter key, open CMD.EXE.
3. When the CMD window appears, type in net user, it will show you all the user accounts of your Windows 7.
4. Type net user "user name" "new password" (replace "user name" and "new password" with yours), press Enter.
5. It will show you the command completed successfully, this means that you have successfully resrt the user's password. Restart your computer and login with new password.
Method 2: Unlock Windows XP Password by loging Safe Mode.
In additional, can we unlock Windows password in safe mode? Login to Safe Mode need a built-in administrator account. However, this administrator account was disabled by defult when we installed Windows 7 and Vsita. In Windows XP, this account was created with blank password so we can unlock Windows XP password easily. How to unlock Windows XP password in Safe Mode? It is easy.
1. Press F8 while you start Windows XP until the boot option interface appears. Select Safe Mode option and hit Enter, it will start XP in Safe Mode.
2. Then a login box appears, type Administrator in the username box and leave the password blank, click OK to login.
3. Now you can open Control Panel - User Accounts and manage whichever user account.Or open Computer Management - Local Users and Groups - Users folder, right -click a user account and choose Set password.
Note that this method will also lead to lose the encrypt files etc. Is there a way can unlock Windows 7/Vista/XP password easily without losing anything? Yes, Asunsoft Windows Password Reset is designed for those who lost Windows password and have no idea. Please go on section two.
I highly recommand you to use Windows Password Reset Personal because of its easy usage and safe operation. This software is a four-in-one Windows password recovery tool which can easily unlock Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 password without data lost. Nothing will be changed after you unlocking your computer except the password. Now let's see how to unlock Windows 7 password by using this software.
Step 1: Download and install Windows Password Reset Personal on anther computer you can access as administrator.
To unlock Windows password you need to purchase the full version of Windows Password Reset software on anther computer. After you click Buy Now button on our website, it will navegate you to another order platform, Regnow, which is one of the most popular e-commerce platform of world. You will receive a e-mail with download link in it when you successfully process the purchasing. The procedure is easy and secure.
Step 2: Run the software to create a Windows password unlock disk with CD/DVD or USB.
1. Plug in a bootable USB Flash Drive and choose USB Device.
2. Select your drive name from the pull-down list.
3. Click Begin Burning button, the burning process starts.
4. Burning completed successfully, take out your USB and transfer it to your locked PC.
Step 3: Set your PC to boot from USB.
If you create a USB password unlock disk, please refer to How to set computer to boot from USB Drive.
Step 4: Unlock Windows 7 administrator password by a few cliks.
After booting from CD/DVD or USB, Windows Password Reset Personal will start and display a friendly interface.
1. Select a Windows 7 from the pull-down list.
2. Click administrator from the user list. All user accounts of your Windows 7 will be listed.
3. Click Reset Password button and click Yes when a confirm dialog pops up. Note: Windows Password Reset Personal will reset the Windows 7 password as blank, you can log on without password.
4. Click Reboot. When a confirm dialog pops up, eject Windows password recovery disk, and click Yes to restart your computer then you can feel free to login without password. This means you have successfully unlocked your Windows 7 password.
Tips: You also can unlock Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 by creating a new user account off-line. Windows Password Reset Personal allows you to create new administrator account to Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 off-line. Simply click Add User button, type in a new user name and password, click OK. After rebooting you can login your locked computer with this new user account. Refer to Locked out of Windows - Create a new user off-line.