Choosing a HP desktop computer when decided to buy a computer? Nice choice! Forgot your HP desktop computer login password after a long time of no use? Feel sorry for it bringing you bad mood. But now you can get rid of that easily with the guide I give in this article. Now let’s see how you can reset HP desktop computer password for Windows 7.
No matter which Operating System your HP desktop PC is running, Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, Windows Server 2012, 2008, 2003 or 2000, the following methods I recommend are all applicable. Here only take Windows 7 password reset as an example.
To adopt this method, its precondition is that you must have another administrator account you can access to. If you have, then follow the following steps to operate.
1. Login to that administrator account whose password you remember to get into your HP desktop.
2. Click Start button and choose Run.
3.. When the Run box pops up, you type in “control userpasswords2” and click OK to continue.
4. Then you will see a User Accounts window, here you select the user account that you want to reset password for and click Reset Password item.
5. After that a small Reset Password window will show, now you can reset a new password for it by typing in a new password and confirm it. Lastly click OK to finish.
If there isn’t another administrator on your computer or you have no password for it, in fact, there is still a built-in administrator account helpful. The built-in administrator account allows you to login without a password if you have never changed its password. Now follow the following steps.
1. First of all, you start your locked HP desktop normally.
2. When it comes to Windows welcoming/login screen, press Ctrl + Alt + Del twice to login the built-in account.
3. When you have login your locked HP desktop already, you can voluntarily and easily reset your lost or forgotten password from Control Panel or the way above or other workable ways.
Asunsoft Windows Password Geeker Professional is effective Windows Password recovery software which can be used in all kinds of password loss situations. So if other methods don’t work for you, it definitely works. Or if you don’t want to waste your time and energy trying other methods, you can adopt it directly.
First of all, prepare yourself a blank USB flash drive or a CD/DVD disk and another computer you have access to. Now let’s get the ball rolling.
1. Download Asunsoft Windows Password Geeker Professional from our official website and install it on the computer you have prepared.
2. Run the software to create a bootable password reset disk just by several clicks according to the on-screen guide to burn the software to the prepared USB flash drive or CD/DVD disk.
3. Transfer the created password recovery disk into your locked HP desktop. And set your HP boot from the recovery disk.
How to set computer to boot from CD/DVD
How to set computer to boot from USB drive
4. After booting from the HP password reset disk, the software will start automatically. And now you can reset password according to the on-screen steps step by step.
If your Windows is Windows 8/7/Vista/XP, then your password will be removed and show as Blank.
If your Windows is Windows Server 2012/2008/2003/2000, then your password will be reset as Asunsoft@2012.
With Asunsoft Windows Password Geeker, you can also create a new administrator account to bypass and leave alone your lost or forgotten password.