I have forgotten my zip file password which is almost 21 characters long and consists of lower case and upper case letters with numbers and special characters. Guessing it is out of the question. Is there any way to recover my files?
Are you encountering similar cases? When you forgot your ZIP password and you are sure that it is impractical to guess it out successfully, then I guess the only solution for you should be resorting to professional ZIP password decryption tool to recover your ZIP password. With a professional and reliable ZIP password tool, it can easily and quickly get your ZIP password back no matter how long and how complex it is with four attack types.
1. Download and install Asunsoft ZIP Password Geeker. After installation, it will run automatically.
2. When it shows its main interface, you click Open button on the top left corner or click File menu to select Open Files sub-menu.
3. In the Open File window, you browse for the encrypted ZIP file, select it and then click Open button to load it to the ZIP Password Geeker program.
4. Select an optimum type of attack to shorten its recovery time. You can choose Brute-force attack, Mask attack, Dictionary attack or Smart attack.
Here as the example shows, if you vaguely remember that your password is almost 21 characters long and with lower case and upper case letters with numbers and special characters, you can choose Brute-force attack or Smart attack.
5. Make attack settings after selecting attack type.
Here as the example shows, if you choose Brute-force attack, because your password consists of lower case and upper case letters with numbers and special characters, you can select options All caps latin, All small latin, All digits and All special symbols under the Range tab and set the length from 1 – 21 under the Length tab.
If you choose Smart attack, you needn’t make any settings.
If you have confusions about which type of attack to choose and what corresponding setting you have to make, you may get more details from How to Use ZIP Password Geeker.
6. After all the above, you can start recovering. Click Start button to start or you can also click Attack menu to choose Start sub-menu to start.
7. Soon after, ZIP Password Geeker will get your forgotten password back. You click Copy button to copy it and then click Open button to paste the recovered password to open encrypted ZIP file.