Microsoft Word allows users to set two kinds of passwords to protect their Word document files, that is, Password to open and Password to modify. Forgot your Word password somehow? And thus cannot open or modify your Word document? Well, no worry. This article tells you a most easy way to remove your Word password directly so that you can open and modify it again. A few seconds only solve an annoying problem for you soon.
1. Click the quick link to download and install Asunsoft Word Password Clearer. After installation, launch it.
2. Click Open button (or select the File | Open File menu item) on the top left corner in its maininterface to open all password-encrypted Word documents.
3. Click on the target Word document to select it and then click Open button to import it to Word Password Clearer software. Or you can directly double-click on the target Word document to open it.
4. Click Remove Password button. Then the program will decrypt the given document using Online document decryption server. Click OK to continue when the following prompt information pops up.
5.Click Open button to open the originally password-protected Word file directly when you see the prompt that The File decrypt Successfully.
After the few clicks, you have removed your forgotten or lost Word password successfully. You can open or modify it directly without a password. But if you think that a password is still necessary, you can set a password for it again. Or check How to Recover the Word Password with Two Options to recover your forgotten Word password completely instead of removing your Word password.
Tip: If you think your password is needless anymore, you can choose to cancel it just as easy as you originally set it.
1. Open your Microsoft Word document. The Password dialog box pops up, you type in correct password and click OK button to open it.
2. Click File menu and then choose Save as sub-menu.
3. In Save as dialog box, click on Tools button next to the Save button and select General Options item from the pull-down list.
4. In General Options dialog box, empty the password in Password to open box so that you are free to open your originally password-protected Word document.
Empty Password to modify if you set one so that you are free to modify your originally password-protected Word document.
5. Click OK button to close the General Options dialog box.
6. Click Save button in Save as dialog box to save the changes.
And then you successfully unprotect your Microsoft Word document and can open it directly without a password.