This guide describes how to boot your computer from USB flash drive via boot menu or BIOS.
This guide shows you how to set your computer to boot from USB flash drive.
1. Insert the USB flash drive into your locked computer and restart the computer.
2. When Vender logo (The first screen) appears, you press Boot Menu Key (which differs with the different computer brands slightly, you can press according to the hint) to enter Boot Menu.
3. When Boot Menu appears, choose USB flash drive (Use Up and Down key) as the boot device and press Enter to boot the computer from it..
The above is the universal way to boot computer from USB flash drive, and the followings are specific ways for some popular and universal computer brands:
Example for settting HP comuter to Boot from USB Flash Drive
1. Insert the bootable USB disk into your locked computer and restart the computer.
2. When HP logo appears, press F12 key immediately and repeatedly until the BOOT MENU appears.
3. When a screen like the following screenshot appears, choose USB-HDD or USB Flash drive name item, and then press Enter to boot from USB drive.
Note: If fail to boot your computer from USB Flash drive successfully, please try more again, or enter BIOS to change the UEFI boot mode to leagacy mode. See How to turn off UEFI boot.
Boot Menu Keys Corresponding to Different Computer Brands:
Boot Menu Keys for Desktop computers:
HP ————— F12
Dell ————— ESC
Lenovo ——— F12
Acer ——— F12
Toshiba ——— F12
Sony ————— ESC
Fujitsu ———— F12
Samsung ——– F12
IBM ————— F12
Thinkpad ——– F12
Asus ———— F8
Benq ————— F8
GIGABYTE —— F12
Gateway ——— F12
eMachines —— F12
MSI ————— F11
Apple Mac Desktop — Option