What is Microsoft Office?
Microsoft Office is an office suite of desktop applications, servers and services for the Microsoft Windows and OS X operating systems.
What the components of Microsoft Office?
Set Password for Microsoft Word Document/Excel Files/PowerPoint Presentations
The way to set password for Microsoft Word document, Excel file and PowerPoint files is basically similar, so here I will discuss them together.
1. Open the Word document/Excel file/PowerPoint presentation you want to set a password for it.
2. Click File menu to choose Save as sub-menu.
3. In Save as dialog box, click Tools button just next to Save button.
4. Choose General Options item from the pull-down list.
5. Type a password in Password to open box or in Password to modify box, or just in both at the same time in General Options dialog box.
Password to open can effectively prevent any unauthorized access by asking a password whenever trying to open it.
Password to modify allows others to read but any mistaken or intended modifying to it would ask the correct password.
6. Click OK button.
7. Now type in the password again to confirm it.
8. Click OK button to close the General Options box.
Doing the above, you have successfully set a password for your Microsoft Word document, Excel file or PowerPoint presentation.
Set Password for Microsoft Access Database
1. Run Microsoft Access and then open the Access database you want to set a password for it in exclusive mode. (Click File menu > select Open sub-menu > Select the target Access database > Click on the pull-down list on the right of Open button > Select Open Exclusive item to open the file.)
2. When the target database opens, click on File menu.
3. Click on the Information item.
4. Click the Encrypt with password icon on the right.
5. Type in the password you desired in the Password (P) box and type it again in the Verify (V) box to confirm it.
6. Click OK button to close Set Database Password dialog box.
Set Password for Microsoft Outlook PST File
1. Run Microsoft Outlook.
2. Click File menu, select Identities and then select Manage Identities sub-menu.
3. In the Manage Identities dialog box, choose your identity.
4. Click Properties item.
5. Tick in the checkbox Require a password.
6. Type in the password you want to set in New Password box.
7. Type it again in Confirm New Password box to confirm it.
8. Click OK button to close.