When you forgot or lost Windows 7 Administrator password, you may looking for a fast and secure way nervously to remove Windows 7 password. Offline NT Password & Registry Editor is a free Windows Password Remover which can remove/clear/erase Windows 7/vista/XP/NT/2000 password etc. Many people failed to use it for removing password because it’s all text based and hard to use. I have tested this tool for a long time as well and successfully remove a Windows 7 password but failed in Windows Vista and XP. Now I list the steps below, hope can help you resolve your Windows 7 password problem.
You have to create a CD boot disk on another computer which you have access to. Then use this disk to boot your locked computer and crack Windows user password.
1. Visit Offline NT Password website and download the zip file. Then extract the ISO file from the ZIP file.
2. Download and install free ISO burner and use it to burn the ISO file to a bootable CD. It is very easy-to-use.
3. After successfully create a CD boot disk, insert it to your locked PC CD Drive and boot your PC from it. This step requires you to change device boot order on your PC. Please refer to: How to Boot from CD/DVD-ROM.
4. After setup completed, restart your computer. Offline NT Password & Registry Editor will run automatically and display a Menu screen. Press Enter to continue.
5. Lines of text run down quickly and then stop at a options menu screen. Select the partition that contains the Windows 7 installation. For instance, type 1 and press Enter.
6. Offline NT Password & Registry Editor now finds out the Windows Registry, hit Enter to confirm.
7. It lists all Windows Registry and you have to choose one to edit. Commonly we choose 1 because the password was stored in the SAM files. OK, type 1 and press Enter.
8. Choose “Edit User Data and Passwords”, type 1 and press Enter. Then all users of your WIndows 7 system will be listed.
9. Select a Windows 7 user password which you’d like to delete (erase, clear, blank, remove). Here we select Administrator. You just need to type the user name, Administrator, and press Enter.
10. User Edit Menu appears, type 1 to choose “Clear user password” and press Enter to go on.
11. Congratulations! It now show you that the password has been successfully cleared. You can quit the process now. Type “!” and hit Enter.
12 Type “q” to select “quit” and hit Enter.
13 Type “y” and hit Enter to save changes to SAM file.
14. Type “n” to continue, type “y” if you want to try to clear Windows 7 password again.
15. Now you can press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart your computer. After restarting, you can login Windows 7 administrator without password!
It is a bit hard to remove/clear/erase a Windows password with Offline NT Password & Registry Editor that you must be very careful to complete each step, or you may failed.
What’s more, I highly recommend another easy-to-use Windows password recovery tool to you that you don’t need to download a ISO Burner and you can remove/clear/erase whichever Windows 7 user password on a friendly interface. It is Asunsoft Windows 7 Password Reset, which is a professional Windows 7 Password recovery tool supports all versions of Windows 7 operating system(home, professional, ultimate etc. x32/x64 bit). See the help page: Best Way for Windows 7 password Recovery.